Monday 15 March 2010

I'm Top 10 At Something?

I remember when I finished Tony Hawk's American Wasteland once upon a time, I was the 143rd (around that number) person to get the 1000 gamerscore on the game. I remember I used to check my leaderboard status over at www.mygamercard.net quite a lot and I do believe that years ago I did have a worthy rank on THAW. Next was Project 8 which was a lot harder and a fantastic accomplishment once I had done it. I can't remember the rank on that but it's bound to have been higher than American Wasteland. Next came Proving Ground and it's unbelievable bugs and glitches. That didn't stop me though as the hardest Tony Hawk's game yet (I didn't use cheats) fell beneath me as I proved I was among the elite. And now, the 4th Tony Hawk game on the console has also been completed, I managed to surpass Ride.

Here's a statistic as to how many people have completed each game (thanks to MGC).

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - 2171 People Have
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - 913 People Have
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - 124 People Have
Tony Hawk Ride - 43 People Have (only 7 have on TA)

Now first thing to take note of is that I have ordered those games in chronological order in terms of their release. A correlation can be seen between them and that is each game that comes out gets harder or less people bother to play because they've become tiresome of the Tony Hawk's franchise. But yeah, that's a different matter which I don't want to go in to right now.

So back on track, as you can see not many people actually complete the Tony Hawk's games and therefore I do take pride in knowing that I am probably one of the few that have gotten the full 1000 gamerscore on all 4 games. Activision have announced that Ride 2 is in production and scheduled for release at the end of the year. After getting used to Ride I was able to find some enjoyment in it however I do believe that the peripheral is too indecisive to be complimented, it's not fun having to re-do every task 5 times just to make the board recognise what you're trying to do.


Other gaming news I shall write about in a future post (might make it in a minute actually as I wrote this post days ago but was unable to finish as MyGamerCard wouldn't work for me). I'm going to say how I get stressed knowing I have so many games I need to play yet I still bundle myself with even more. I'll go in to detail in the post, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment